Sunday, May 16, 2010

Beach Bums

We're back from a week in Destin, and as I promised, I have a pretty fantastic sunburn that is starting to turn into a fabulous tan. :)

We had a wonderful time - two days spent just with Derek then three days with my family, too. The weather could not have been more perfect, and it was so nice to be at the beach for longer than just a couple of days. We even went parasailing, which I've never done and it was INCREDIBLE!




Family shrimp boil at the cabana on the last night...


Granny getting ready for dinner out. She's so cute with her little color-coordinated outfit and purse that was a "gift" from our friend Claire...

The only downside to the whole week was that Derek chipped his front tooth the first night we were there on a crab claw, but luckily it didn't ruin the vacation. We ended the week with a stop in Mobile for Katie and Neil's family baby shower. Only a month or so to go before we get to meet sweet Baby Frances!


It was so nice to get away for a while and just enjoy beautiful Destin and spend time with family. We needed this vacation and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm definitely not looking forward to following up on a million emails tomorrow when I go back to work, but at least I'll have a great tan while I do it! :)

1 comment:

Wilson said...

Glad y'all had a good trip!