This city was very clean, and there were even escalators that took you from bottom of the outside of the city to the top where the square was.
We wandered around, ate lunch, did a little shopping and just relaxed before heading back towards our B&B to watch the sunset. It was our last night in Tuscany, so we wanted to enjoy every minute of it. On the drive back, we passed these giant corks on the side of the road with the Chianti regional logo on it. So of course as true tourists, we had to pull over and take a picture.Back at the B&B, we climbed up in the treehouse with a couple of bottles of wine to watch the sunset. We were finally "Under the Tuscan Sun" - haha, cheesy, I know, but beautiful. I wanted to cherish every second of it.
After the sun set, we headed back into Panzano for dinner at this GREAT restaurant, Il Vescovino. I had sausage and tomato pasta and Derek had a steak that was absolutely delicious. Then we had to stop in at our little corner bar we found two days before to say goodbye. The bartender even put on some "rock" music (a random mix of Beatles, 3 Doors Down and some Top 40 songs) for us to enjoy. Needless to say, we drank their entire stock of Budweiser beer - they only had six.
Then it was home to bed and time for our next adventure, heading north to the Cinque Terre...
1 comment:
I am loving your posts!
Post a Comment