My sweet husband has been in San Antonio since Sunday for a work conference. I always cherish the quiet time that I have while he's away at these conferences (usually about three to four times a year), but this particular week has been extra nice since we're about to be thrown into a whirlwind of plans for the next couple of months.
Don't get me wrong, I usually start missing him after the second day, but it's nice to have the house to myself and watch whatever I want on the big TV, not worry about cooking for a few days, and go to bed at 8 if I want to. I feel behind on my shows though since most of them we watch together and I promised not to watch them while he was gone.
Anyhow, I've gotten plenty of beauty sleep and actually feel very well rested for a Thursday, which says a lot!
Derek is on his way home now, and I'm ready to share my house again. I'll even hand over the remote. The dog doesn't really like it when the "alpha male" is gone. He paces the house and is extra bark-y. I'm sure he'll be ready to give up his post as guardian of the Grey household for a few days and get some rest.
A little quiet time is good, but I'm ready for the whirlwind now! Bring on the plans, the wonderful weather, and the FALL FUN! I'm ready!
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment