Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lazy Labor Day

After the craziness that was Hurricane Isaac last week, I was more than pleased to have a totally lazy three-day weekend for Labor Day.

We barely left the house except to go a few blocks over to Melanie and Trey's house to watch football on Saturday and meet their newest addition, Baby May. She is the tiniest baby I've ever held, and soooo sweet. You could almost forget she was even there. Just a precious little girl and a wonderful addition to the Field family!
Then it was back to the house for the rest of Football Saturday, then lazy day Sunday until we rode out to Katherine and Paul's house for a sunset cruise on the reservoir before once again returning to the quietness of our house.

Monday morning we did a little yardwork, thanks to Isaac. I actually helped Derek for about an hour in a half. It was kind of hard work, I won't lie. He obviously worked harder than I did, but that yard business is no joke. I won't take inside work for granted anymore!

Last week really was pretty stressful for both of us work-wise, so a nice, quiet LONG weekend was just what the doctor ordered. We're all rested and ready to conquer the world this week! Or at least as far as 8-5 is concerned. :)

No comments: