Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall

With the arrival of October this year comes the official arrival of fall weather. I love the cooler temps, I love the feeling of anticipation of the holidays right around the corner, and I just love being outside.

Yesterday after work I decided to take the dog on a walk around the neighborhood. Actually, he has only mastered our street by itself, so after we sniffed every piece of pinestraw up and down Pine Lane, I dropped him off at the house and kept walking for another 20 minutes.

There's just something about fall in the air that makes things a little bit clearer and a little bit crisper. I loved smelling all the different smells as I walked past through the neighborhood... laundry in the dryer, dinner cooking, fires burning (I know it wasn't THAT cool, but we clearly get excited about cooler weather in Mississippi). It was just one of "stop to smell the roses" moments, and I just enjoyed it. Of course, listening to Better Than Ezra playing on Pandora while I walked helped, too.

I just always get a little sad when fall actually arrives because I know it never lasts long. It's gone in just a few weeks, but in the meantime, I'll stop to smell the roses and watch the leaves turn. Like BTE sings, there's a feeling in the air... and it doesn't last long, so enjoy.

No comments: