I just wanted to write a simple post to express my love and longing to be with everyone who has suffered tornado damage in my hometown of Hattiesburg. I just want to throw my arms around you and give you a big hug.
My family is safe, but my parents had some roof damage and are dealing with a hole in the roof leaking into the screened-in porch and two bedrooms. Their damage is minor compared to some of what I'm seeing on Facebook and in the news. It's horrific. That was one huge storm, and it struck with no real rhyme or reason all up and down Hardy Street/Highway 98.
The campuses of both Oak Grove and Hattiesburg High Schools are pretty devastated, and my beloved alma mater, Southern Miss, sustained massive damage. It's just heartbreaking and surreal to see all the damage on national news.
I've just had such a heavy heart for the past 24 hours. For anyone in the 'Burg who reads this, please know my thoughts and prayers have been with you and will continue to be with you as Hattiesburg rebuilds. HTTT, OGTTT and SMTTT! Sending you love from Jackson.
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment