Saturday, November 16, 2013

"It's So Southern..."

Last weekend we headed off on a highly anticipated girls' weekend to The Grand Hotel and Spa in Point Clear, Ala.

I've probably mentioned it before, but I truly cherish my girl time, and this one was extra special because we all got to just ENJOY and no one had to play hostess.

What an incredibly wonderful weekend! This place was spectacular and "so Southern" as my friend Allison put it. The resort was amazing, and we even caught a history lesson about the place and its military past.

We relaxed around the firepit with some cocktails before heading to dinner.



We decided on dinner at Gambino's in Fairhope. This place had great Italian food, then about 9 the DJ came out, the disco ball came on, and it turned into a dance floor complete with the corresponding music video playing on the projector screen. HILARIOIS. We had sooo much fun line dancing and requesting some old school rap. I think we were the life of the party! Hehe

After dinner and our impromptu dance party, we went to this hole-in-the-wall bar called The Jub. Whoa... We had even more fun, played some pool and sang some karaoke.

Let's just say our relaxing morning at the spa was well deserved. :)

The spa there was LOVELY. I fully enjoyed my 80-minute hot stone massage and wish I could have one every weekend!

Saturday afternoon was spent shopping in downtown Fairhope, then we had Mexican and margaritas Saturday night while watching the Alabama-LSU game. We were in Roll Tide country, after all.

It was such a wonderful weekend, and I've always felt that girl time is good for your soul. 

I feel refreshed and all caught up, and I can't wait to do it again soon!!

No comments: