My dear blog, I promised I wouldn't forget all about you once I had a baby, and apparently I lied. Gosh, it feels like we've had so much going on, but really very little at the same time - probably because it's been a month and a half since I last posted! Shame on me.
So here's what we've been up to...
We hosted a Bon Voyage party for our friends Claire and Jeremy in preparation for their trip to Africa to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. We made up a little skit and went to dinner. It was a lot of fun, and I think they truly enjoyed our silliness!

We've had what feels like a solid month of "winter weather." It almost always has happened on a Tuesday, and it's rarely any real snow, just slushiness and enough ice to cancel or delay school or work. We have spring fever big time!
Derek and I were extras in another movie - "Get On Up," the biopic of James Brown, directed by the same director as "The Help." This time we were concert-goers in Paris 1971. It was fun enough, but our first movie debut was much better. I don't think we'll get any screen time this go-around, but I guess you never know. ;)
The real reason I need to catch up is that my sweet munchkin is over EIGHT months old! She now has two bottom teeth, and I feel like we all deserve a medal. That first tooth gave her an awful time with fever and fussiness, but we survived.
I swear in this past week (which happened to coincide with a work trip for Derek and the only time I've single-parented since I've been back at work), she's gotten SO active. She's creeping, which is not quite crawling - more like dragging herself and strategically rolling to get where she wants. She's into everything and starting to pull herself up. We can't turn our backs for a minute, and I know it will get even crazier. She's a mess, but a sweet mess.

Today it was actually warm and sunny, so we spent some time playing in the front yard. It was lovely. We've had a wonderfully low-key Valentine's weekend at home with our little one, and I think we are all feeling recharged and refreshed.

Life is good! I promise to not neglect you anymore, dear blog. Even if we don't get out of our pajamas for the whole weekend (which seems to happen a lot around here), I promise to write about it for documentation purposes. Until next time...

Today it was actually warm and sunny, so we spent some time playing in the front yard. It was lovely. We've had a wonderfully low-key Valentine's weekend at home with our little one, and I think we are all feeling recharged and refreshed.

Life is good! I promise to not neglect you anymore, dear blog. Even if we don't get out of our pajamas for the whole weekend (which seems to happen a lot around here), I promise to write about it for documentation purposes. Until next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment