Wednesday night we met some friends at Walker's for dinner. After stuffing ourselves with some delicious food, we came back to the house for some birthday cake from our favorite bakery, Campbell's, and some champagne.
Derek and I had both already taken off work Thursday and Friday with plans to go to New Orleans for the weekend since the lake still wasn't open to boat traffic. We've spent Derek's birthday weekend at the lake every year I can remember except for one year when we went to Orange Beach. Well, what do you know, they announced late Wednesday that the lake would be OPENED Thursday morning!
We came back home sun-burned and worn out on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend being lazy. I think it was a pretty successful birthday celebration.
Happy Birthday, Derek! I love you and can't wait for you to be 30 next year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment