Monday, March 12, 2012

SIX YEARS

Derek and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary this weekend, and what a perfect weekend it was!

We started the weekend with our second 5K on Saturday, this time the Jackson Young Lawyers' Legal Beagle run that went through our neighborhood. Derek set a PR (personal record, in runners' speak - HA!) of 28 minutes, and I actually set a PR of 44:02, which was 11 minutes faster than the first one I walked back in September. I actually ran a few spurts of this race, so I was quite proud of myself. :)

Saturday evening we went for some pre-dinner drinks at Julep before our anniversary dinner at Parlor Market. What a great night! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and rounded the night off with more champagne and some wine that we brought back from Italy back at home.

Sunday we took it pretty easy with the exception of a wonderful 90-minute couple's massage. We really celebrated in style!

So, to Derek, happy anniversary, my love. I have enjoyed every minute of these six years with you and look forward to many, many more.

3 comments:

Cortney said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Glad you guys had such a great celebration!

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

Happy Anniversary & congrats on the 5K!!

Erin said...

Happy anniversary. I remember it like it was yesterday! What fun!