Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beautiful Easter Weekend

I know I'm a few days late, but I didn't want to miss recapping our wonderful Easter weekend. It started by taking a few hours off work on Friday and riding down to Hattiesburg with the top off the new Jeep. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and a thoroughly enjoyable road trip.

So, here's where it gets interesting... we were sitting around the firepit in my parents' backyard Friday night minding our own business when a giant owl swooped down and tried to grab their precious little dog, Ponji. (At least that's what we suspect. The owl did swoop down and drop something on the deck then made a sharp left turn and landed on a tree branch.) Um, SCARY!

The incident will now be forever referred to as "The Owl Adventure at 13 Leaf Lane." There was also a huge, full moon on Friday. I was spooked.

Saturday was gorgeous and we enjoyed a lovely shrimp boil at my granny's house. The food was great, and the Easter Bunny was very kind to us... Jelly Bellies, cash, and Abita Strawberry. :)

When we got back to Jackson Saturday afternoon we met some friends at Pelican Cove out on the reservoir to listen to the band, have a cold beverage, and watch the sun set over the Rez. What a nice day!
Sunday we went to Vicksburg for a good Easter dinner and egg hunt with Frances. She was actually old enough this year to get excited about finding the eggs. So cute!
It was just a great spring weekend with family and friends. The weather was perfect, and the company even better.

(Oh, and we got a brand new A/C unit last week. It's fantastic. You can practically see frost inside at 70 degrees. I'm in heaven.)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love this!