Our neighbors put their house on the market this week. I knew this day would come eventually, but it still makes me very sad.We really lucked up when we moved to Jackson. This couple is about our age, got married about six months before we did, and we immediately hit it off.
We were with them when they first suspected they might be pregnant, then minutes after a test confirmed it, then hours after Brady came home from the hospital. Brady's first steps were (coincidentally) towards Derek, and now he clearly loves his Aunt Wizzie and Uncle Durka. He's like a little Dennis the Menace and will be walking over to visit us on his own pretty soon.In the past five years we've run (I use that term that very, very loosely) a neighborhood association together, recovered from a tornado together, celebrated three 30th birthdays together, rung in four new years together, and spent thousands of hours drinking beer on the back deck together. I can't neglect to mention that they're also our built-in dog sitters when we're out of town, too. It's the perfect relationship. :)
It's been a great five years, and I can't blame them for moving. If our next neighbors are even half as cool as they are, we'll be alright.
1 comment:
Sounds awesome to have neighbors like that!
Post a Comment