Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Another faux nephew to love!

My college friends and I call ourselves "faux aunts" to each other's children, and about a month ago I became a faux aunt for the third time.

This is a really wonderful situation because I get to watch all of them (all boys so far) grow up while still fitting in a good girls' weekend or two or three.

I went down to the coast this past weekend to visit my newest "newphew," Jackson Taylor Crosby. He is so precious, and his parents are over the moon in love with this little boy.

It's so fun to watch these girls come into their own as mamas. We're all grown-ups now, and while I'm not a mama myself just yet, I sure enjoy being a faux aunt, especially when it's time for a diaper change or a temper tantrum. I'm content to just hold, love, cuddle, ooh and ahh over all these babies and then hand them back to their rightful owners. Not a bad gig at all.

Congrats, Crosby Family! Jackson is as sweet as can be and can't wait to spend more time with Aunt Lizzie (so he told me).