Derek turned the Big 3-0 on Friday, and to celebrate we headed down to Seagrove Beach, Florida, with some friends for a few days of sun and fun.We actually had this trip planned since May with our friends Drew and Kristin, but because of the circumstances with his mom that I've mentioned in previous posts, they understandably had to cancel. We were lucky that our friends Allison and Jeb were able to fill in at short notice.
This was our second time to stay on 30-A in Florida, but our first time at Seagrove Beach, and it was absolutely beautiful. It had a really vintage feel with still a lot of trees before the beach sand started. Just gorgeous...
We got some good sun, grilled up some fresh mahi mahi and shrimp, explored Seaside and ate a few good dinners out, including Derek's birthday dinner at Cafe 30-A across the street from our condo. It was a nice trip, and I think it was a great way to ring in a new decade for the love of my life. :)
I can't tell you how happy I am that this guy is FINALLY 30. He has not stopped rubbing in the fact that I've been out of my twenties for the past two years, so it's time he joined my bracket.
Happy Dirty 30, D! Welcome to your best decade!



No comments:
Post a Comment