Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Not really a cat person, BUT...

Before July got away from me, I wanted to wish my sweet Izzy Girl a happy TENTH birthday. We're not exactly sure when she was born, but I know it was sometime in July.

From the moment I saw this sweet thing with a Garfield scarf around her neck at the adoption place, I knew we'd enjoy one another's company. She is the best cat in the world, and I still don't really consider myself a "cat person" necessarily (especially since I'm incredibly allergic), but it's been a great decade.

She kept me company in my little one-bedroom apartment in Vicksburg, in my too-big-for-one-person house in Vicksburg, and even finally took a liking to her "brother" Bentley after a while.

Her favorite pastimes include sleeping and eating. She wouldn't chase a mouse even if it was chasing her (we've tested this theory), but she sure is a good cuddler.

Happy Birthday, Iz! I've enjoyed every cuddle you've wanted to share with me. You don't meet a stranger. Here's to another ten years, my sweet baby girl.

No comments: