Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Catching Up

Sorry for my absence... Seems like we've had a lot going on and very little going on all at the same time, if that's even possible.

Since the last time I posted, Derek spent the weekend in Memphis for a friend's wedding and some catch-up time with his cousin, Wes.

I single-parented for the weekend, and it was fine! Sibley and I rode over to Vicksburg for Grady's second birthday party and a short visit with Aunt KK, Frances and Cash while Uncle Neil was also out of town. I've got the road trip with a baby thing down pat. Ha!

We've still been enjoying our weekly visits to Hattiesburg. One great thing about being on maternity leave this summer is that I've actually had plenty of opportunities to hang out with my bestie, Cassidy, while she's home from Japan for a few weeks. It's been wonderful! I miss this girl like crazy and really, really hope to replan our trip overseas to visit her in the spring.


Other goings-ons include Sibley's first 5K in support of our friends Claire and Jeremy's fundraising for A Climb for Hope. They're raising a LOT of money for Livestrong in hopes of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in the spring. It's a great cause, and Jeremy is a cancer survivor with a great story. (Check out their Facebook page if you get a minute.)


And in other baby news, Sibley started smiling! It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. She is absolutely adorable, and I just can't even express my love for this little girl.


She'll be 8 weeks on Friday. Crazy!! I still have 4.5 weeks left of maternity leave, then it's back to the real world. 

I actually had my postpartum OB visit yesterday. My c-section had completely healed, and I'm thrilled to share that I am EIGHTEEN pounds down from my pre-preggo weight. I have big plans to join the Y this week and keep it up. Blog friends, hold me to it! :)

I suppose that's about it as far as what's been going on in our little world. We have big plans for Derek's birthday this weekend, so stay tuned for a non-baby post! Hehe

No comments: