Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm a proud daughter

Today my parents are being inducted into the USM School of Mass Communication Hall of Fame. I could not be more proud of them! Not only is this my alma mater, I'm also a Mass Communication graduate.

They’ve been huge supporters of USM since their own graduation from there in the late ‘70s, and they've hired many a USM graduate or intern as well as doing plenty of work for the school themselves throughout the years. Here’s the write-up that will be in today’s program:

Rick and Beth Bice, '78 and '77, established Bice Advertising Inc., in 1978 aiming to provide creative advertising, graphic design and multimedia for clients. Their work spans more than 30 years and includes local clients such as Southern Miss, the City of Hattiesburg, the Area Development Partnership, South Mississippi Electric Power Association and Hattiesburg Clinic. The firm has won numerous awards and honors, including nods from the regional and district American Advertising Federation. Rick was named Graphic Designer of the Year in 2005.

I’m proud to be a Bice today and always, and I wish them the biggest congratulations on their great success! I can't think of two people who are more deserving of this honor. Love you both!

No comments: