Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We could not have had a more wonderful Thanksgiving break... we were off Wednesday through yesterday, and it was quite a nice little vacay. Thursday we hosted my family at our house, and then Saturday we went to Vicksburg for the Greys' lunch at Mamaw's house.

Here's my summary of our little break:
  • We fried the biggest turkey I've ever seen (no, that's not it pictured above - I forgot to get my camera out until after we finished eating, and Derek told me then that no one wanted to see pictures of half-eaten food.) Anyways, this turkey was huge and DELICIOUS.
  • We ate entirely too much tasty-but-bad-for-us Thanksgiving food and leftovers.
  • We ate entirely too much tasty-but-bad-for-us just plain junk food (pizza, burgers, etc.)
  • We decorated our house for Christmas. It's beautiful. I wish I could stay at home all day and night and just look at the tree and the fireplace.
  • We did a little more Christmas shopping. We're about 80% done already, and a tree just isn't a tree until there are lots of presents underneath!
  • We had our fair share of adult beverages... wine just kept disappearing... I think the elves drank it.
  • We were total homebodies and could not have enjoyed it more! I love being home for the holidays!

  • It was a great break, and now it's back to the real world. We'll be busy the next two weekends, so some down time at home was wonderful. And, I'm thinking it's a good thing December is not meant for bikinis because it would NOT be a pretty sight right now. :)

    No comments: