Monday, February 1, 2010

Carnival Time

It’s getting close to Mardi Gras, and we kicked off the season Saturday night with the Krewe of Elks Carnival Ball in Hattiesburg. The limo picked us up at 6:30, and it was entirely too much fun to see everybody trying to peek through the tinted windows at the stop lights. I think they thought that maybe we were Tiger and Elin out for a rendezvous in the ‘Burg.

The theme for this year was The Roaring Twenties, and we had a great time, as usual. This was our third year to go to the ball with Granny and Pap, and it’s always a fun night. Here are a few pics…

Sweet Gran and Pap...

Derek with his friend, Emma Rose...

Granny's always royalty...

My two favorite queens, Peggy and Debbie ... I think I look like a natural in a crown. :)

Now I'm in the Mardi Gras mood!!! Two weeks to go!

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

My, what a beautiful dress! See, you really can wear them again sometimes!