Right now I have THE WORST case of spring fever I think I've ever had in my life. I am so sick of all the cold weather, snow days, nights below freezing, ice, etc. I'm OVER it. I'm ready for springtime, short sleeves and flip-flops.
We've scheduled a garage sale for mid-March so now we finally have a reason to clean out our closets and drawers and get rid of stuff that we decided not to sell in our last garage sale that has since just taken up space. I love garage sales... not so much getting up early, but I love to sit and watch all my stuff leave my house and go clutter someone else's house. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure, I suppose. It doesn't hurt to have a cold mimosa or bloody mary in my hand to pass the time, either. That's how we do it anyways. :)
The last garage sale we had was right before we moved from Vicksburg, and we sold a dining room table set, a couch and a loveseat. All of it went to good homes, so it was pretty rewarding to see something you've had and enjoyed for so long head off to be enjoyed by someone else. The only part I don't like is the pricing. I tend to price things a little higher (i.e., clothes never worn or worn maybe once) at like $3 or so, which I think is totally reasonable. Derek disagrees and thinks clothes should only be priced at a quarter or maybe 50 cents. Ugh... so sad.
So now we have a few weekends ahead of us with no plans except to spring clean!!! I may be sneezing for the next month straight, but at least my house will be clean and ready for sunshine and springtime. Now if I could just convince the weather to agree...
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment