Monday, February 22, 2010

The Happy Homebody

We thoroughly enjoyed the first of four weekends at home in a row. Especially after Mardi Gras last weekend, we were in need of some serious down time.

Friday night we had dinner and a movie with some great steaks on the grill and watched “Couples Retreat” by the fire. Saturday morning we slept in and enjoyed leisurely drinking coffee and making some cheese toast for breakfast. It was SUCH a pretty day on Saturday, so we headed out and about to do a little shopping for the house…

Three hours later we returned with an 8 x 10 Oriental rug for the living room, a smaller rug for the fireplace room/den and a new leather “king” chair and ottoman (which won’t be ready for pick-up for two weeks). We’ll be taking the smaller rug back because it just doesn’t work, but the big rug looks perfect, and I feel like we got a great deal! We’ve been talking about getting a few new pieces of furniture and doing a little rearranging for a while now, so none of it can really be considered impulse shopping. I’ll post pictures once the whole project is complete.

Saturday night we went to dinner at Olga’s with some friends. The company was great, the food not so great… I really hated it because I had heard wonderful things about it, but everyone’s dishes were cold once they got to our table… slightly disappointing to say the least. Afterwards we came back to our house to play – you guessed it – Rock Band. We’re so old and boring… Ha!

Sunday was a lazy day with a little grocery shopping and cooking thrown in. And I did make some great progress on Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. It was sooo nice to be home for a weekend, and I’m already looking forward to Weekend At Home #2. I’m just a happy homebody, I think. :)

No comments: