Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Almost Famous

I'm excited to announce that Derek and I have been cast as extras in "The Help" movie! We don't know too many details other than that we'll be filming for one day here in Jackson towards the end of September. We're both in the same two scenes and will play "Jacksonians" around town. I think they're filming a pharmacy scene, a restaurant scene, a movie theater scene and three others that day.

We went to Greenwood last night for our costume fitting. We had to try on four costumes each so the designer could have two solid options for each scene. We won't know which two they choose until the day of the shoot. Some of the costumes were pretty cute, and some were definitely not. They had a hard time finding shoes to fit my size 6 1/2 feet, but they finally put me in a pair of vintage size 6 skinny heels that KILL my feet but are really and truly more than 40 years old.

The day of filming, I'll have to come with my hair in curlers. I don't even own curlers, and I have NO idea how to curl my curly hair, but I'll do my best. They asked Derek to grow his sideburns out and not to get his hair cut between now and then. They'll send a hair stylist from the movie crew to Jackson to give him a real 1960s-style cut the week before.

It's really interesting!

Obviously there's a chance we might end up on the cutting room floor, but just to have the opportunity to see how it all works is exciting. I LOVED this book, and Derek liked it, too, so it'll be fun to be a part of it! Several friends of mine have already been cast as extras, and I was excited to be on the lookout for them once the movie debuts, and now I'll be on the lookout for myself, too. Ha!

2 comments:

The Laceys said...

So incredibly jealous right now! You do not even know! Please be sure to update your blog with EVERY detail! And I mean every!

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

Congrats!! You will love it!