Thursday, December 9, 2010

The elves have been busy!

All my Christmas presents have now been bought! I did the majority of my shopping online this year thanks to free shipping after Thanksgiving, so now I'm just waiting on the last of all the shipments to come in so I can finish wrapping. I'm THRILLED to be done shopping!

I may have mentioned it before, but I get a little overly excited when it comes to Christmas shopping. I just love it, and before I know it I've totally blown my Christmas budget PLUS some. Oh, well... it's only once a year, and it's not like I'm spending it on myself, so I can't really have a guilty conscience, right? At least not until I look at my poor bank account. Yikes...

On another note, I love the Elf on a Shelf concept, but does anyone remember these little elves from when we were little?

My granny had three or four of these little bendable elves as part of her Christmas decorations for YEARS. You could move their little legs and their hands velcroed around them in whatever position you put them. They came in different colors and I LOVED to play with them. I'm pretty sure she still has them, so maybe now they'd actually be somewhat valuable considering the book and one elf sell for like $30. It will be pretty cool to one day tell our kids that their elf on the shelf has been around for many, many a Christmas. Gotta love vintage Chrimmus decor... :)

1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

I get carried away, too, during Christmas. Love the pics!!