The mother of one of my best friends passed away on Sunday, the day after Christmas. She beat breast cancer twice, but this summer the cancer came back pretty aggressively. She was a sweet, sweet woman who was very close to her two beautiful daughters. She will be missed greatly by all who knew her.
I went with a few friends to Oxford yesterday for the visitation and funeral, and my heart just broke for Brooke and her family. This is the third time in not even two full years that we have said goodbye to a parent of someone our age. That seems unreal to me. It's soooo not fair in many ways, and it's not like it gets any easier.
If you have a prayer to spare, please remember my friend Brooke and her family. Please pray that they deal with this tragedy as best as possible and remember all the good times they shared. Please say a prayer that they don't always associate Christmastime with sadness. And please give your mom and dad a big hug when you can. You never know when they won't be there one day.
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
4 comments:
My heart is breaking for them too :( I just loved Mrs. Mary Jane SO much!! I'm so glad you and some others were able to be there for them!!! My mom and I were on our way, but we had to turn around in Hattiesburg and come home b/c I started having weird cramping. Just couldn't risk the trip with this pregnancy :( I will continue lifting them up in prayer!! You're a good friend, Elizabeth! Again, so glad you were there to love on that sweet family!!
I'm so sorry about your friend's mom. I just prayed for their family:)
Thank you, Lauren. You're so sweet.
Hailey, Brooke told me you tried to make it and she was so appreciative and understood 100%. I really felt like I needed to be there, and I'm soooo glad I was.
Words of Wisdom Elizabeth. Thank You.
Post a Comment