Monday, December 13, 2010

Home for the Holidays

With the exception of Friday night, we enjoyed a completely and utterly lazy weekend where we didn't get out of pajamas for TWO WHOLE DAYS. It was magnificent, and we enjoyed every minute of it. It was so nice to be at home and able to enjoy our Christmas decorations and a nice, warm fire with the cold temps outside. Love, love, love it!

Friday night we headed to Vicksburg right after work for Ryan Hadley's first dance recital. She did such a great job and was SO adorable!


One of the songs she danced to was "Jingle Bell Rock," which yours truly danced to one year when I was little. Our big show was in the mall one Saturday before Christmas, and we were dressed in white jogging suits with little jingle bells hot-glued to ribbons attached to the top and pants. And don't forget the Keds. I still remember the dance, although I'm pretty sure Ryan Hadley looked a lot cuter in her little outfit. :)

And of course any night we get to spend a little time with Frances, the most precious and laid-back baby ever born, is a good one...

Both Saturday and Sunday we slept in, then woke up and made coffee and breakfast (a treat around our house), wrapped presents, then settled in for a day of cheesy Christmas movies, most of which were on Lifetime, ABC Family or Hallmark, although we also fit in Letters to Juliet, Pan's Labyrinth and Up. I have not a single complaint! It was nice to have a weekend like that to enjoy being at home over the holidays.

We did have to babysit poor Bentley when the weather got a little bad on Saturday night. To be 100+ pounds of solid muscle, he's the biggest baby I know... this is where we found him when it started to thunder. He, too, was glad we were home. :)

Now I'm all rested and ready for a couple of crazy Christmas weeks ahead!!

No comments: