Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Weekend

We had a fabulously low-key New Year's weekend, starting with New Year's Eve on Friday. The storms around us were really bad, and while we didn't quite make it all the way into the hallway for the nearby tornadoes, we watched Barbie Bassett pretty intensely and had both animals on stand-by in case we needed to make a quick dash for a closet or something.

After the weather cleared Ben and Tina walked over and we grilled some delicious steaks and ate a late dinner before BARELY staying awake to ring in 2011. WE. ARE. SO. OLD. We did manage to sing Happy Birthday to the new year as well as (a couple of days belated) Neighbor Ben.

On New Year's Day we took it easy and I fried some pork chops, made some greens, black eyed peas and cornbread and we pigged out. That was about it.

On Sunday we started on our New Year's resolution to find a church we could call home. We plan on trying several, and we liked the first one. I think we'll try a few, then narrow it down from there until we find "the one." After church, we had brunch including some mimosas (thanks to leftover champagne from NYE) at home with some friends and watched the Saints game.


Yesterday was yet another glorious state holiday for me, so I took advantage of being off work when everybody else was working and ran 1,002 errands. I was a busy little bee, but I was so happy to meet up with my friend Ashley for lunch. She and her husband live in Jacksonville now and were home for a few days to visit family. It was SO GREAT to catch up and meet her precious little boy. I finished the day with a trip to the dentist and then three loads of laundry. Who's worn out? This girl.

It was great to have a few days at home though! Now I'm ready for a busy January!

No comments: