Friday, January 28, 2011

Embarrassed Much?

I totally just about set our microwave at work on fire today. I was microwaving some macaroni and cheese in the little "just add water" bowls. I forgot to add water. I walked out and went to the bathroom, came back and there was smoke billowing out of our kitchen downstairs.

The funniest part about this was that the two people who were sitting down in our little break area eating lunch (outside the kitchen) didn't even realize there was smoke coming out! It was horrible. And the WORST part (although it did save me a little dignity) was that the smoke alarm never went off!

I'm embarrassed, although it could have been worse. A bag of popcorn caught on fire one time (not my popcorn) during a board meeting in the adjoining auditorium. Talk about embarrassing.

So now our whole office smells like a bonfire...

Moral of the story: Always add water. And if you're going to try to set the office kitchen on fire, at least do it on a Friday afternoon so it can air out or soak in by Monday morning.

No comments: