Sunday, February 13, 2011

Katherine and Paul sitting in a tree...

This weekend I helped celebrate Katherine's upcoming wedding with a super nice bachelorette party in New Orleans. We stayed at the Ritz, which was a first for me, and it was LOVELY. :)

Friday night we went to dinner at Mr. B's then out for some fun on Frenchmen Street. I finally found my long-awaited Abita Strawberry beer, so that combined with some great live music made me one happy girl.


On Saturday we went to brunch at Elizabeth's Restaurant, which was absolutely FABULOUS, then walked down Canal Street Saturday afternoon for a few afternoon drinks at Lucy's Bar. It was such a beautiful day down there!

We had Katherine's lingerie shower before a late dinner at Bayona, which was an extra special treat. I'll have you know that this chicken finger girl actually tried sweetbreads during dinner, so you should all be impressed. If you don't know what that is, it is the edible glands of an animal (like the thyroid gland, lungs, etc.) This particular dish was veal. I know, right? I'm sooooo not adventurous, but I figured if I was going to try it, this was the place to do it!

We didn't leave the restaurant until nearly midnight Saturday, so we just came back to the hotel and had some quality girl time (which included trying to play Light As A Feather, Stiff As A Board) and finally fell asleep around 1:30 a.m.

It was such a GREAT WEEKEND down there! New Orleans was packed for the Mardi Gras Marathon yesterday, and I'm telling you, the weather could not have been any more perfect.

Now less than three months until the wedding!

No comments: