Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring Fever

The weather this week has given me MAJOR spring fever. I know it's just mid-February and we'll likely have another cold snap/frost before spring officially arrives, but with temperatures in the 70s, it's hard not to imagine sipping an Abita Strawberry on my back deck in flip-flops.

I LOVE this beer. I'm usually a boring Miller Lite drinker, but this Strawberry Lager is sooooo tasty. Last year we brought a couple of six-packs with us to Florida and would drink one after we got back from the beach in the afternoon. They're so refreshing! No, this is not a paid endorsement, nor am I a lush. I just like this stuff. That's all.

Anyways, I hope to get in some Vitamin D therapy this weekend at some point. Maybe some good, quality time at the Crawdad Hole will help. Right now I can't get outside fast enough. This weather makes me want to skip class and ride around with my windows down and sunroof open listening to Better than Ezra and Afroman like I did in college. Oh, the fun...

Until then, my pasty white skin will wither away under these non-flattering flourescent lights. Too bad I can't move my work outside for the day like we sometimes would move class outside. I didn't know how good I had it back then. :)

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I love that beer too! It's amazing what this kind of weather will do for your mood;)

Josh and Meredith Jordan said...

Have you found Abita Strawberry in Jackson yet? I have been looking for some for Josh everywhere! Let me know, please! :)