This was the first time in eight years we haven't spent at least a portion of the Memorial Day weekend at the lake. So we had three whole days to find alternate plans, and that was a bit of a struggle... Sunday and Monday were fine, but Saturday is worth telling you about.
I have no other way to describe Saturday than just plain RESTLESS. We wanted to get on or in some water sooo bad, and it just wasn't happening. We started the day out in search of a blender to make some daiquiris. After stopping at three separate stores, we finally found one (on sale, too, which was nice). Once we got home we blended up some Fuzzy Navel/Strawberry daiquiris and set up the sprinkler in the backyard. If I couldn't jump in the water, I could at least sit in the water.
That lasted all of about 10 minutes before I was over it. Bentley was having way more fun than I was playing in the mud. I figured I could at least sit outside and read my book while I got a little sun... Yeah, that didn't last long either. SO HOT! So back to the drawing board. I decided to take a nap in the cool air-conditioning.
About 6 Saturday night, our friend Trey called and asked if we wanted to go out with him on his boat. Yay! Finally, some water! We got all packed up, swimsuits on, cooler loaded and headed to the Reservoir. But then the boat wouldn't start. Poor Trey. He was not happy. So we unloaded the boat and headed back home.
We ended our ridiculously restless Saturday in true redneck fashion... drinking beer in a bathtub of cold water listening to the Margaritaville station on Pandora. Sad, but true. We were trying to envision sitting on a boat or a beach somewhere, but it just wasn't happening. Oh well. At least we can say we tried.
He Wants to Rip Them Off
-
Sweet girls at church....
Bitty loves golf and asked me to tag along while he played a few holes the
other day.
Another camp....
After many months and a lo...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment