Friday, July 15, 2011

I embrace my inner nerd...

And I admit that I'm very sad it's time for Harry's adventures to come to an end on screen. He, Hermoine and Ron have been a part of my life for nearly 10 years now, ever since I met Derek.

I remember the night when we first started dating that he told me he was a huge Harry Potter fan. I laughed at him because I thought he was kidding. But little did I know HOW GREAT the books actually were. I think J.K. Rowling is a genius, and I absolutely respect her imagination and perseverance in writing these books. It's just mind-blowing to me.

Derek and I used to take the day off work years ago to go watch the movies on the day they came out. Fun memories... we're not midnight premiere-goers or even Friday movie-goers anymore, but you better believe we will be there will bells on at some point this weekend to say goodbye to this trio of wizards.

So Harry, this weekend I dedicate many a magical song to you. If I was a DJ I would be playing a montage right now... Every little thing you do is magic. Do you believe in magic? I've got the magic in me. Abracadabra.

It's been a fun ride.

No comments: