Monday, July 11, 2011

Just call me Annie Oakley...

I can now officially check "SHOOT A GUN" off my bucket list. Would you believe that in all my 30 years on this earth I have never even seen a gun up close, much less held one, and by no means shot one? And yes, I'm a Mississippi girl.

Well, Saturday that changed. Derek and I went to the gun range in Clinton with Katherine and Paul, and after a short safety lesson from Paul, I shot a gun for the first time. Once I got the hang of it, I absolutely loved it! It was quite the rush, and not that I'm bragging, but I was a decent shot, too. Who knows? Maybe it's a hidden talent. :)

Paul had a few different hand guns for us to try, and the one I liked the best was a .22 revolver. It had a long, skinny barrel, which made me feel kind of like I was in the Wild West preparing for a duel. It looked kind of like this...

Derek got a video of it, but I can't figure out how to upload it from his phone, so you may be out of luck on video evidence that I'm telling the truth. But it was fun, and definitely a different kind of way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

So thank you, Kat and Paul, for a fun afternoon. There's always a sense of satisfaction when you check something off your bucket list, and that satisfaction is hard to beat when you keep hitting the bullseye on the target. Now, maybe it's time I move on to rifles and shotguns... Ha!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I have never held or shot a gun either cuz.....but it is something I would like to do sometime too ;-)