Sunday, September 25, 2011

Last Weekend Before I'm "Over 30"...

We had a really nice weekend at home, which was especially nice since it was my last one at "just 30" before heading into the "over 30" category this week. Ugh...

Saturday morning Derek and I did our first 5K! He ran, and I walked, but we were very proud of ourselves for actually doing it, and doing it pretty well. (Of course, "well" is relative given the fact that there were only five walkers who finished behind me, but that's ok. I didn't pass out or quit, so that's good in my book.) We definitely plan on doing another one soon. It was a nice, productive way to kick-off a gorgeous Saturday.

Saturday night we walked across the street to watch the MSU game with the neighbors, and then called it a night pretty early.

My parents and grandparents came up on Sunday for my early birthday lunch at Julep. This was our second year to do that, and I think it should be a little tradition. So nice! It was a lovely visit, and then Derek and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching football and movies. It was just a great weekend all in all.

Only two more days before my birthday. Turning 31 kind of hurts a little, but I'm embracing it. There's really no other choice, I guess. But I do feel like 31 will be a good year for me. Here's hoping anyways! :)

1 comment:

Jules said...

31 was a very good year for me so I think it will be for you too.....and 32 was even better ;-)