Monday, September 5, 2011

That was one looooong weekend...

What a rainy, lazy Labor Day weekend. Tropical Storm Lee cancelled our plans to spend the long weekend at the lake, so we stayed home and enjoyed plenty of nice Q.T. inside.

We watched football ALL day on Saturday. I don't think I've ever watched that much football in my entire life, but it was actually really nice. The TVs in both the living room and our bedroom stayed tuned to ESPN from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m. when we switched the channel to watch the Southern game. Nothing like watching college football in your PJs all day... sometimes it's nice to enjoy life as a total couch potato.

By Sunday evening we were going a little stir crazy, so we actually showered and put on real clothes and met some friends up at the Bulldog for a little Sunday Funday happy hour. It was pretty much a guys' night that I invited myself on, but it was fun anyways. After the Bulldog we headed to Sportsmans', then back to the carport for an old school game of beer pong. It was our version of a hurricane party in honor of T.S. Lee. Fun times...

We woke up this morning to no power, so Derek read all afternoon while I napped. The power finally came back on about 6 tonight. Just in time to snap out of our laziness and get ready to go back to the real world tomorrow.

The totally rained-out weekend wasn't a bad thing after all. It forced us to sit, relax and get some rest rather than constantly being on the go like we usually are for long holiday weekends. I feel completely rested and recharged. I will say I'm not exactly dreading getting dressed for real and putting on makeup for work tomorrow. It will be nice to feel like a normal person again. This couch potato lifestyle kind of drains your energy, as ironic as that sounds. :)

No comments: