Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas (almost a week late!)

What a wonderful Christmas! Sorry a week late, but I just haven't been ready to admit it's over. Now, of course, our tree is empty and looking pretty pitiful, the gifts are (for the most part) put away, and it's a little sad. I always get the After-Christmas blues a little, I think. It's kind of like your wedding day... so much excitement and anticipation, and then it's over SO fast!

We went to Hattiesburg Friday afternoon to spend some quality time with my parents and their new pup, Ponji (formerly known as Gypsy), before all the craziness started. We watched old home movies and had a great time reminiscing.
We had a great Christmas Eve morning with my parents opening gifts, drinking mimosas and watching "The Help" after Santa left it in my stocking. Then we were off to Christmas #2 with the rest of my family at Granny's.
Mom got a Forever Lazy! Derek and I got the biggest kick out of this gift from my grandmother. Mom had never seen the commercials, but I think she loves it! :)
We headed back to Jackson Christmas Eve night and got home just in time to watch the second half of the Southern Miss-Nevada bowl game. We walked across the street to help our neighbors prepare for Santa's visit, then sipped some eggnog by the fire like you're supposed to do on Christmas Eve. It was just lovely.
Christmas Day we woke up early to do our own little family Christmas with just the two of us then we walked across the street to have breakfast and coffee with Ben, Tina and Brady. Then it was time to get ready for Christmas #3 in Vicksburg.
Ryan Hadley and Frances are at SUCH a cute age right now. It was so much fun to watch them open all their presents (and trust me, there were A LOT to open.) It was just great! Only one minor melt-down over sharing, but it fine. They were precious.
We slept in until after 11 on Monday morning after the whirlwind of weekend activities. It was a rainy, ugly day after Christmas, and while I felt bad for the kids who couldn't ride their new bikes, I took full advantage of a rainy day at home to rest and relax.

Another wonderful Christmas in the books, folks!

No comments: