Friday, December 9, 2011

My New "Sister"

My parents have spent the past few months volunteering with the Southern Pines Animal Shelter heading up a professional photography project with local photographers to increase the adoption rates of the animals there.

It's been a total success, and another great thing that has come out of it is that they're now ready to bring home a new baby girl!

Meet Gypsy (whose name may or may not be changed)... What a beauty!

I can't WAIT to meet this sweet little girl, my new "sister". She's 7 months old, and from what I hear, as sweet and mellow as they come! It will be a fun Christmas with this little thing running around the house. I asked Santa for a puppy (to stay at Mom and Dad's, of course) and he delivered.

No dog will ever replace Sweet Annie, but she never replaced Suzy, the dog we had when I was a little girl. I'm a FIRM believer that animals are placed in our lives for a purpose, and I can't wait to see what Gypsy's purpose is... But I really can't wait to get that sweet baby in my lap. :)

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Gypsy! Love it! What a sweet face :)

mom said...

She goes from lap to lap!