Last week Derek and I took a much-appreciated vacation to Colorado to visit our friends Jennifer and Matt and do some skiing. This is our second visit to the Denver area, the first one being when I first started blogging back in 2008. My, how time flies! :)
Friday night we stayed in at our condo since we had gotten up so early that morning and were pretty worn out. We ordered a pizza and spent some time in the outdoor hot tub while the snow really came down. It was amazing... really one of those "remember everything about this" moments.
Saturday night was our "night out" in Vail Village. First of all, the Teva Winter Games were going on while we were there, so we were fortunate enough to catch some really cool snow competitions and live music.
We had an AMAZING dinner at Flame Restaurant inside the Four Seasons Hotel at Vail Village and then ended up in this cool little corner tavern in the village for some after-dinner drinks.
On Sunday we left Vail and stopped at Copper Mountain so Derek and I could do some tubing. That was a lot of fun, too, and something I wasn't actually scared to do. Ha!
All in all it really was an amazing vacation, and I'd say it ranks up there as one of the best we've taken. We even have talked about moving there! It was great to see Jennifer and Matt and spend some time as snow bunnies. I could definitely get used to that lifestyle, that's for sure. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment