Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I mentioned in my previous post some friends of ours, Drew and Kristin, are almost done building their new house. In fact, they are finishing the details and are probably moving in as I write this. They are one of three couples in our group of friends who are in the midst of a move.

Granted, these aren't huge moves... from Flowood to Vicksburg (temporary while they've been building) to Madison, from Clinton to the Reservoir, and from Jackson to Madison, but there is still a lot of moving and shaking going on right now in my little circle of friends.

I won't lie, I've got the house-hunting bug, too. We're going to try our hardest to stay put for at least another year if not two so we can make a bigger upgrade when the time comes. There's no real reason for us to move right now... I love our little house on our little street. Too bad we're losing our little neighbors. There have been a few tears shed already with a few more weeks to go before moving day. It's sad.

While I bide my time at home sweet home, I will just live vicariously through all my friends in their new digs. I will even help unpack boxes to get the true "feel" of moving. I will smell the fresh paint and help hang things straight on the walls. Then I'll come back to my own home sweet home and maybe rearrange a shelf or clean out a closet just to feel like I, too, have made some changes. :)

No comments: