Monday, May 7, 2012

Quiet Time

We had a nice, quiet weekend at home, which seems like a repeat of the majority of our weekends for the past month or so. I'm getting quite used to it!

Friday night we went to happy hour after work and then sat on the deck with some friends (a favorite activity of ours). Saturday we did a little flea market shopping, went to visit our friends Drew and Kristin to see their new, almost-finished house, and then grabbed some authentic Mexican food from the Taqueria to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, went grocery shopping at 8:30 on a Saturday night, then hit the couch for the night. We're really exciting, I know...

I spent most of Sunday lounging in the baby pool we bought last summer. I needed a little bit of sun, so I just sat outside and read my book for a few hours. It was soooo relaxing. That "aqua lounge" was the best $25 I've spent in a long time, and I have a feeling it will be making many repeat appearances this summer.

It's already 90 degrees here, so it's going to be a scorcher. I plan on spending every weekend in some body of water, whether it be Eagle Lake, the Reservoir, a friend's pool, or the aqua lounge. While I absolutely LOVE fun weekends on the boat with friends, sometimes a little quiet time is good, too. I feel rested and rejuvenated today. I guess it's going to be a good summer any way I look at it!

No comments: