Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Road Trip

I took the day off from work on Friday and headed out for a beautiful road trip to Birmingham to see my friend Brooke and do some Chrismtas shopping. The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS for my drive, and all the trees were a perfect array of fall colors. It was completely enjoyable, especially when I put in my old CDs and opened the sunroof. Great day!

We went to dinner Friday night then did a little shopping. Saturday we got our day started bright and early with the outlet mall, then headed over to downtown Homewood for lunch at my favorite Alabama sandwich shop, Momma Goldberg's. We walked around their cute little downtown and did some maternity shopping for Brooke, whose sweet baby girl is due in February. Then we stopped by the Summit to finish up some shopping before getting ready for dinner out with another B'ham friend, Wendy. Fun but busy day!

It was so much fun to catch up with old friends, and I'm pleased with the amount of shopping I got done. Two more good Saturdays like that and Santa will be done! I love, love, love girls' weekends, and I know I've said it before, but they're just so good for the soul. I love them so much that I've got another one planned for December! Girl time + Chrismtas shopping = perfect weekend. :)

No comments: