Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Ride for the New Baby

We said goodbye to the Volkswagen on Monday and switched to a family-friendly Camry. It was a little bittersweet since that Passat had been with me since we were planning our wedding back in 2005, but it was time to part ways. Maintenance costs were waaaaay too expensive with the VW, and we certainly seemed to have a lot of maintenance issues to handle.

I'm loving the new ride and thrilled to be back in a Camry again! We needed something practical and reliable, and that's just what we got. I must say, it drives so smoothly and has plenty of room for our soon-to-be family of three.

We had been talking about trading my car in for a year or so now, but since Derek just got his new Jeep last spring we were really trying to avoid two car notes. But then logic won out and we realized the last thing we needed was an expensive repair on a car that's been paid off for a few years. And trust me, something would have needed repairing - like the $800 windshield wiper motor we had to replace a few months ago...

Anyways, I love the new car and we're excited to be that much more ready for baby come June! Who knows? This Camry might even be her first car in about 15 years. Ha, wishful thinking, I know! :)

No comments: