Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Weekend Getaway

I apologize for the lack of pictures in advance, but Derek and I had a lovely little "babymoon" getaway to Biloxi this past weekend.

We stopped by the outlets in Gulfport to do a little shopping, then checked in to the Beau Rivage and relaxed by the pool for a while that afternoon. Dinner reservations were at 6 at Ruth's Chris.

I've never eaten there before, and I gotta tell you... this was a pregnant woman's DREAM. I even splurged with the potatoes au gratin and BBQ shrimp appetizer. It was all so incredibly delicious. They treated us great, too, and even put rose petals and "Happy Anniversary" confetti on our table since this was our big belated anniversary celebration, too. It was a wonderful dining experience.

After dinner we caught a cab to the Coast Coliseum for ELTON JOHN! We missed it when he played in Jackson in September because we were in Orlando, but what a treat it was! That man was amazing, and I was just in awe the whole time at the fact that we were seeing this legend. It was great.

We called it a night about 11:00 (crazy party animals that we are these days), then stopped in Hattiesburg for our annual Easter shrimp boil with my family on the way home on Sunday.

It was a wonderful weekend! We really enjoyed the little getaway and spending time together. It was so nice. And I'm still thinking about that big, juicy steak. :)


No comments: