Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hattiesburg Baby Shower

This past weekend my sweet girlfriends from college hosted a baby shower for me in Hattiesburg. I gotta tell you, after two weekends in a row of showers for this baby girl, Derek and I both are so humbled at the love we feel in anticipation of her arrival.

The shower was absolutely perfect, and it was so good to catch up with all my old friends and get some good parenting advice! After the shower we went to dinner at Crescent City (one of my old faves), then Brooke spent the night with me at my parents' house, and we were able to talk all about life with a newborn. She was sweet enough to leave Baby Neely in Birmingham after her first week back at work to come to Hattiesburg. I'm so very loved. :)

Here are a few pics from the big day...



It was a wonderful shower! As they did at our Jackson shower (thanks to Katherine and Maggie for the idea), all the guests wrote a sweet message inside a Dr. Seuss book for Sibley to read later. Last week it was "Happy Birthday To You!" and this week was "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" I think this is the best idea ever, and she will LOVE it one day!
 
Again, we are so blessed with wonderful friends and family, and I can't wait for this little girl to meet everyone!

No comments: