She is actually measuring about 2 weeks ahead weighing 3 lbs, 10 oz. Everything looked great with her! We were even able to see her lungs practicing for when she's able to breathe outside of my belly. It was truly amazing to watch.
The good news is I seem to have the gestational diabetes under control with my new diet (and I've actually lost 2 pounds), so I just need to keep doing what I'm doing. But the bad news is I seem to have a condition called polyhydramnios, which is excessive amniotic fluid. The concern with this is that it can cause extreme discomfort/difficulty breathing as this pregnancy progresses because of all the pressure on my lungs. But more importantly there's a possibility that my water can break early (anytime) because my body thinks the extra pressure is a full-grown baby or multiple babies and it's time to deliver. This condition can be directly associated with the gestational diabetes, and the hope is that now that I've gotten my blood sugar levels controlled the extra fluid will be reabsorbed and level out as she grows. Fingers crossed and prayers said! We want her to stay put for at least two more months!
If there's one thing this little girl has already taught me, it's to just roll with the punches. This is clearly a lesson I've needed to learn, so I'm grateful for that already.
In other news, we're finally ready to publicly share her name. We've known it for months now, but we just wanted to make sure we felt like it fit her.
Sibley Elizabeth Grey
"Sibley" is Derek's grandmother's maiden name (and also Uncle Sib's name), and she'll be a third generation "Elizabeth." We never had any issues with a girl name; it was the boy's name that always gave us trouble. We love it though, and we hope she will, too! We can't wait to meet her in a few short weeks. Let's just hope those weeks aren't TOO short!


2 comments:
I LOVE the name!! It's so feminine & adorable & even better that it's a family name:) I will be praying that you hold off for a while!
Love this entire post! Stay put Sibley! See y'all Sat!
Post a Comment