Well, I would say we’ve succeeded in our mission to stay busy this week in an effort to get back to as normal of a routine as possible.
Monday night we started our softball season. We lost 12-5, which wasn’t too bad considering our little team is much like the Bad News Bears most of the time. Plus, it was the first game, so everybody needs a little warm-up. We were actually down 12-0 until the very last inning, so it could have been much more embarrassing. :)
We had too many girls (which hardly ever happens), so Katherine and I traded out as catcher after the second inning. I think I caught every single pitch Derek threw somewhere other than my glove. I have bruises everywhere and even got hit in the face with a foul ball. The other team offered me a face mask, but (not to be rude) I’d rather get hit in the face than put on some stranger’s dirty, sweaty, germy mask. I’m STILL sore, and that was three nights ago.
After the game, we went to the Bulldog for some team morale-building over pitchers of beer and fried food. It was good, but we didn’t make it home until almost 11 and were totally worn out.
On Tuesday, Derek played his first tennis match in his mixed doubles league. His partner is our friend, Kristin, so I think they had fun. They didn’t win, but they played pretty well, and as we learned Monday, everybody needs a warm-up. I had plans to go watch since the court is just down the street, but I didn’t want to distract Derek and Kristin OR “intimidate” the other team with my cheering, so I stayed home and caught up on some laundry. :)
Last night Kristin and Drew came over to help us finish the rest of the lasagna they brought us on Sunday, and we had a few cocktails on the deck. Man, it’s getting hot… and the mosquitoes are out in full force. Derek’s cousin Wes and his wife, Elise, stopped by, too, so we had a mini party-o on the patio.
I think we may get together with Neighbor Ben and Mom-To-Be Tina tonight since Ben actually has the night off from work… and then, what do you know, tomorrow’s Friday and we’ve made it through the week. Mission accomplished.
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
glad to know y'all are staying busy. i guess your ball team takes more after the ole miss side of the family than the southern side.
Post a Comment