Tuesday night we enjoyed dinner out at Pan Asia for Nathan's birthday, Thursday night we got a surprise visit from David during his quick trip home from San Diego, and this weekend we said goodbye to John and Cassidy before they left to go back to Japan AND got to spend two nights with lots of my college friends who were in town for Lauren's baby shower. Whew! It's been a whirlwind, but lots and lots of fun.
Friday night everyone came over for beer and pizza at our house and we let all the husbands visit with each other while the girls reminisced about old times and looked through old college pictures. I think we tell the same stories over and over again every time we get together and it never gets old! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Here are a couple of pics from Friday night...
The girls...
The guys...
On Saturday, Brooke came into town and we headed to Lauren's shower at Katie's new house.
The cute little mom-to-be...
And the cutest gift I've ever seen, a camouflage onesie that says "My first tree stand." Only in Mississippi... :)
After the shower, Brooke, Derek and I headed to Katherine's house to go check out Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights for a few hours before dinner at Amerigo's. It was a cool little festival but it was soooo HOT. We left before the sun went down and finally cooled off once we got to the restaurant.
Dinner was fun with all 12 of us, and afterwards we headed back to Katherine's house for some "night swimming" in the baby pool. It was really just an excuse to drink wine in the water and escape the mosquitoes.
It has been a super fun few days, but we are worn out! I enjoyed a wonderfully lazy Sunday afternoon today watching a good Lifetime movie or two in the bed. :)
So, to my friends... Happy Birthday, Nathan! We miss you, David! Sayonara, Cassidy and John! Congrats on the baby, Lauren and Jay! And everybody else, let's do it again soon! I love my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment