Yes, indeed, I have had a pretty lazy weekend. And I feel like I deserved it after the week I had last week. I was mentally exhausted between a crazy week at work and dealing with my car drama for five days straight.
Friday night my friend Allison was in town, and we stayed up late catching up on the deck over a few beers for her and vodka tonics for me. Before we knew it it was almost 3 a.m. and time to call it a night. So of course when Saturday morning rolled around, I was feeling the repercussions of a late night the night before in addition to a runny nose and non-stop sneezing. I just felt BAD in general.
After talking myself out of not cleaning the house (which didn't take much) I napped almost all afternoon in a lovely Benadryl-induced sleep. I really think it was just what I needed! Poor Derek just had to fend for himself all afternoon, but I don't really think he minded. I finally got up and moving around 5 p.m., cooked dinner and then we decided to have a movie night at home by renting "I Love You, Man" through the On Demand channel. It was pretty funny, and I totally enjoyed snuggling up to my husband on the couch with the cat in my lap and the dog at my feet. It was great.
Today we met Katie and Evan at the movies to see "Final Destination 3-D." Much to my surprise, I couldn't really roll my eyes at this one... it was pretty good (not too much of a plot, but great special effects.) And 3-D movies are just fun to watch in general. After the movie, we did a little shopping for some new clothes and then finished the day with take-out from Julep.
All in all, it was a very nice weekend, and if cherishing my lazy, no-plans, stay-in-my-PJs weekends at home means I'm getting old, then I'll take it. It's like taking a mental health day at work... sometimes you just totally need it!
Her Last Meet the Teacher
-
Girl likes her a tea!
I decided Annie was old enough to start getting her eyebrows waxed. I
didn't really explain the whole process to her because I didn'...
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment