Sunday, September 27, 2009

Best Weekend Ever

We had an AMAZING weekend that started out with birthday dinner at my parents' house in Hattiesburg. We headed down Friday afternoon and had a great time spending the evening with family.

Saturday we got up bright and early and went south to Lumberton for Derek and Gary's skydiving adventure! The weather was iffy, but it turned out to be perfect and they had so much fun! The peanut gallery (including me, of course) on the ground had an equally fun time watching. Here are a few pics...




After they were done we came back to Jackson to get ready for my birthday dinner out at Ro'Chez in Ridgeland. We had never been there before, but we absolutely LOVED IT! Great food, great friends, lots and lots of wine... it was incredible.


Here's Chef Roache going over the menu for the night...

Thai Pork - Peanut Satay of Pork Tenderloin served atop Thai Slaw on a Sesame Cracker
Chicken & Shrimp Dumpling - Moose of Smoked Chicken and Shrimp formed into a Dumpling served on Baby Lettuce with Sesame Dressing
Polynesian Filet - Jerked Filet Mignon on Roasted Potatoes and Onions Smothered with Coconut Hinted Demi
Citrus Scallop - 5 Spice Seared Scallop on Pineapple Fried Rice Finished with Roasted Citrus Butter
Bourbon Berry Crêpe - Bourbon and Berries in a Crepe with Ice Cream

We had our own private dining room beside the restaurant and right after the third course my favorite local musician Ralph Miller made a surprise appearance and entertained us for the rest of the evening. It could not have been more perfect!




We had to take a group picture Chef Roache and Ralph in it before we left. :)

It was a wonderful end to an absolutely incredible day... I can say that I will welcome my 29th birthday with a big smile on my face tomorrow. We truly celebrated in style!

2 comments:

Wilson said...

I'm glad you posted pics of skydiving. Looks like fun! I've heard it's so quiet up in the sky while you are falling. Happy Birthday!

Jules said...

well it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday weekend! I LOVE that action shot of Derek - I am rolling!