Monday, October 19, 2009

Cold October Weekend

Brrr…. It’s 40 degrees here this morning, and I definitely think cold Monday mornings come a little harder than warm ones. It truly felt like fall this weekend, so we took advantage of it and brought out the warm winter clothes and made our first fire of the season.

Friday night we curled up on the couch and watched “Gremlins.” It was a quiet Friday night, and it was wonderful! On Saturday we bundled up and headed to Ridgeland for the Jackson Street Festival with some friends. It’s a wonder we didn’t turn into ice cubes, but it was nice to listen to some good bluegrass music outside. After a few hours of shivering, we decided to take our little party indoors for a nice dinner at Char. We ended the night with a cozy fire pit in the back yard. We had to stay warm somehow!

Sunday was arts and crafts day as we started getting my Halloween costume ready. I won’t give too many details, but it’s going to be a good one this year. I’ll keep you in suspense for the next couple of weeks… :)

And now it’s Monday already, and it honestly feels like I blinked and the weekend is already long gone. Hopefully this week will fly by so we can head to Hattiesburg for USM’s homecoming! I’m so excited to spend the weekend with old friends. Until then, I’ll be watching the clock for the next five days… Ugh.

No comments: