So, Ricky Martin is finally out of the closet, which reminds me of a funny little college story… Cassidy, this one is for you.Freshman year, Cassidy and I were in the same Spanish 101 class. I think almost everybody had to take a first level foreign language regardless of their major, so this class was a random mix of people. There were a couple of idiots in there for sure – one being Scott, and one being this football player named Dirty Bird. He’s a separate story by himself, so we’ll save that for another time.
When it came time for group projects on famous Spanish-speaking people or something like that, Cassidy and I were lucky enough to get Scott as our third group member. He was a total freeloader who paid zero attention to anything the teacher was saying, never did his homework and barely came to class. That being said, of course he did nothing when it came time to put our little project together. Cassidy and I did everything. I don’t remember if we chose Ricky Martin or if we drew his name (keep in mind that “Livin La Vida Loco” and “Shake Your Bon Bon” were popular then), but that’s who our project subject was. We cut out pictures of Ricky Martin and glued it to poster board, then wrote adjectives the poster along with a short report about him to read in front of the class. You can probably see where this is going now, especially since Scott didn’t contribute a single thing…
We each had a paragraph to read in Spanish about Ricky Martin’s life. Cassidy read about where he was born and his early years, I read about his hit songs and popularity all over the world, and then it was Scott’s turn. Scott read about how handsome and sexy he was and how he loved it when Ricky Martin shook his bon-bon. (We had a little help on the verb conjugation from www.freetranslation.com since this was indeed Spanish 101.)
Scott had no clue why our professor and a few of the smarter students in the class were laughing hysterically at him. Even if they couldn’t understand every word he was reading, it was clear enough that he was reading aloud that he had a crush on Ricky Martin. Needless to say, Cassidy and I both got A’s, and I’m pretty sure Scott failed. Lesson learned.
When you try to outsmart the smart girls, payback’s a bitch. I'm sure somewhere out there Scott is shaking his bon-bon today. Good for you, Ricky... you have a fan in Scott, whether he knows it or not.
1 comment:
Estoy sonriendo! Me encanta esta cuenta. (Sorry, i just nerded out!)
Post a Comment